Sunday, April 29, 2012

New Obsessions

Porches Divine
One year since last post.
Wow.
That is incredible how fast time is going by.

Since I wrote last, I have a new job, a new outlook, a new obsession.
The job is one that has just begun, but so far, I'm LOVING it! The horizon looks a little more like a horizon should,...dotted with possibilities instead of just falling off to 'no-man's-land'. That is reassuring actually.

The new outlook is,...well,...in process. Change tends to be something I think about, talk about, dream about, write about, look at, poke around, circle, hover over, and do deep breathing exercises regarding. Then, one day, I realize it's been a year since I posted on my blog, quite some time since I wrote anything at all and that I am actually still  the same as I was before. Thus, the circling and hovering and poking around begins again.

At this point, the new outlook involves today. Making changes for today. No time for hovering. No time for talking. Only time today for doing.

My new obsession. Pinterest. I hate joining bandwagons, however, I find myself drawn back to my boards. My dreaming places. My inspirations. Pictures that provide some definition to my happy places.

Funny. I never realized how much I forgot.

I could sit here all day
I forgot how much I love music. Not just pianos, but playing and listening and hearing and dreaming and believing in all the music.

I forgot how much I miss being inspired. I have missed being moved by something my heart feels. Some picture that makes me think higher than myself. Some illustration that brings me to some ethereal place, makes me smile, takes my breath away.


It has become my scrapbook, if you will. Like everyone else who has fallen in love with it, it is like a thousand magazines that I get to rip a page out of and hold on to. The beauty is that I get to see everyone else's pages they have ripped out of their thousand magazines and borrow some of their inspiration too.



And that provides the landscape for my new horizons, dotted with all kinds of possibility.

Let the hovering begin.....

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: