Sunday, July 16, 2006

Turning 40.......Almost!





HAPPY SURPRISE 40TH BIRTHDAY PAM!!!



Imagine my surprise while visiting Ontario a couple weeks ago, to open a door and find all kinds of people in a house, ready to celebrate my birthday!
So kind, don't you think?
Of course, anyone who is actually paying attention to the details in my profile, my birthday isn't until the middle of October. Now normally I'm a pretty easy-going kind of person, so this would not be that much of a problem, but as can be seen from the number on the cake, this year's birthday is a biggie! I was very surprised and very touched that everyone would do this for me while I was home. The thinking was that I won't be home for my 40th....ughhhh....just saying the number is weird!.....so the woman who threw the party wanted to make sure that whenever I got home this year, I'd have one. And it worked! I now feel 40! I was feeling 25 before then, probably just ignoring the numbers, but everyone who came also contributed with birthday cards with that number on it, so now I am convinced I am 40! And I'm not even there yet!!!

Oh well, any excuse for a party! It was fantastic. People just kept walking through the door. I don't think I stopped smiling all night long! My sister Wendy was probably the happiest to see me. I had been home for a few days and this was the first she'd seen me that week. The next night I had her home to Mom's place for a sleepover! She was wild!

Some amazing fun was had, I can tell you that!

8 comments:

Paul said...

well.... you really don't look forty.....

honest!

Paul said...

oh wait.... you're NOT forty yet...

never mind!

Miss Pamyla said...

I now have in my possession enough photos for a retaliation comment, so I'd be a teensy bit more careful when I'm throwing around the numbers if I were you, my dear, sweet friend!!!

Anonymous said...

Well Pam! Now I've seen it all! I never realized that one could share their whole life with the world in such a manner until you shared with me about Paul's blog page. Yours looks great! I'm glad you've got some new photos to share and some real good things happening.
For me....this past month has been so great. Having you home for the week, sharing in arranging for your party, keeping the boys for an extra 3 weeks etc have all been memories I will treasure for a very long time. Thanks for letting me in on this page. I enjoy reading your comments and pet peeves. Just think....twenty five years ago I would have probably been one of your pet peeves based on your age then. Funny how life changes. But then again....maybe it hasn't changed all that much eh? (ha,ha)

Enjoy!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam, Just wondering,are you waiting until you actually are 40 to post another....post? ;)

Anonymous said...

I guess you ARE waiting until you turn 40 to post AND/OR respond.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pam,
You are now just an hour and a half away from actually being forty.
(Look out "Golden Moments" here she comes!!!)
Have a great birthday. Please tell me what it's like being so old, oopps, I mean aged, No, I don't mean that either,I mean..... ah forget it...
Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Your time stamp is way off because
I actually posted that last comment at 10:30 p.m.