Friday, August 14, 2009

More about characters....you know who you are!




You know what kind of people I really love? I love characters. People who are different....they think differently, dress differently, act true to themselves....characters. Usually I find people are either manipulated by their own genius, or simply just manipulated. Those would be the 'cookie-cutter' people who you find along the way who are just like everyone else. The ones who leave an impression are those who capture my interest and my imagination.

To me, genius is not measured by the status of a person, or the perceived worth of their possessions, or where they are on the societal food chain. In my mind, true geniuses are those who do not live in fear to be their own person. They are the characters. Their sphere of influence may be small or large, but they have one and they know it,...and are true to it.

Most of the people I have gravitated towards are those kinds of people. My closest friends are characters in that way. In all honesty, they all teach me something powerful. I watch them, how they handle their lives, how they interact in challenging circumstances, how they allow their true heart to lead them instead of outside forces.

Out of all the gifts that God has blessed me with, I think that in the bigger picture, it's the exposure He has allowed to all those 'characters' who have freely given a piece of themselves to me. My heart feels like one huge cement sidewalk piece where others have stepped in the wet cement and left their footprints as a reminder of things that are important.

Some characters have passed away. Some live very close to me. Some I haven't connected with for a long time, while others I talk to every day. I am a sponge to those who would pour something good into my life, I just can't seem to get enough.

To all of those characters who might end up reading about yourselves here.........thank you......from the bottom of my cement, foot-print covered heart. What you have shown me and given me will be guarded and treasured and hopefully passed on as I learn the art of giving myself away from each of you.

Thank you.











3 comments:

Holly said...

GOOD GIRL!!!!! I couldn't be happier that you're writing!!! Keep at it, friend.

Do you realize that you ARE one of those unique people who you admire so? Do you realize that's what other people love about YOU?

By the way, I particularly liked the sponge and cement - footed references. Well said.

Mouse and Magoo said...

Hey!

It's Meggie-Mouse!

LOve your blog.

Miss Pamyla said...

Wow! Meggie-Mouse...
I'm honoured that you'd even take the time to read it.
Thanks for that!

Can I read yours?
Miss Pamyla