Sunday, August 09, 2009

The Important Players



Remember that old Elvis song about life being a stage and all of us are playing our parts? I was thinking about that last night. The important players in my world.




There are lots of people of influence over the years. People who have left HUGE impressions, who have been there just at the exact hour of need, those who manage somehow to come along side for a time.




The two pictures in the prevous post are two of my important players. I had written a big huge thing to accompany the pics but it got erased when I tried to post. I didn't retry to put those thoughts back into words.




Now though, I can't get out of my head how life changes so fast. Years come and go. These two women bring my life into balance in a way I could never do on my own. God knew what he was doing when our little trio was created. Even though they represent greater things to me than just one word each but if I was to try to explain it, Wendy represents all that is safety to me, while Becky is all things freedom. One gives me wings and the other gives me roots. How unbelievable is that! The really amazing thing is that you never know when you're going to need your roots or your wings. There is a time for everything.......roots and wings. Today I need them both.




Life is changing quickly.




Meet 2 other amazing players.
You know how you have 2 sides to your brain - and there are people who tend towards one side or the other - left-brain people and right-brain people?
Somehow I have a heart like that. It has developed into my left-side heart and my right-side heart. One side is named Mike, the other side Sam.
Good solid strong names for good solid strong boys.
It's unbelievable how God made us with the capacity to totally envelope another human being, sometimes more, in that unconditional love. That love that allows us the freedom to give roots and wings, which we all need at one time or another.
In all honesty, I have no idea what kind of parent I am. All I really do know is that if one of those sides of my heart didn't exist, my whole world would be out of balance. I didn't know that 16 years ago. I didn't know it 11 years ago. I know it now.
What I am most thankful for is that no matter where life takes them, they carry a piece of my heart with them forever. Their own half!!
I am an incredibly fortunate woman.

No comments: