Friday, August 28, 2009

Be Brave Buckeroo!!-



Lately, I just can't seem to shake this thing in my head!! Perhaps it's just me, but does anyone else ever wonder just how much imagination it takes to come up with Yoda? I mean, really. Just dream him up, out of thin air. With no prototype, just sort of have some sort of story that is so fantastic, so creative, so imaginitive....something no one else every thought of before.

I've been thinking about that a lot lately. What kind of person does it take to create something new? How brave do you need to be to let your imagination guide you, and put that to paper? Or to research that thing that no one else really believes in, but you know in your heart it's there...just not quite yet.

I think that way about many things. Music, for example. Back in the day, it was just live. Some records, some tours, a bus or two. Fast forward to today...artists can't even release a cd anymore before four or five songs are already downloaded and people have moved on to something else. That kind of evolution takes vision......I remember when music videos first came out (including that forward thinking ditty...'Video killed the radio star...'), transitioning from casettes to cds...and now mp3 format. Who thought of making music fit onto cd's?

What are those kinds of people like? Like the person who designed hot air balloons. I guess that's the nature of inventive mind. My brother-in-law is an inventor. I can't tell you how impressed I am with that. Someone who saw a problem and came up with a solution to solve that problem. Then passed it on. When I think about it, it blows my mind.

Another example is when someone writes a book about things such as Hobbits, and Rings and Kings who need to return to their thrones. Middle Earth was something created in someone's mind and put to paper, then shared with the world. Amazing.

I sense I'm rambling. Not really making a point, but I guess my real thought is that courage and bravery and strength are all strong character traits, not usually given to the creative souls of our world. But lately, I have been impressed with how strong and brave and courageous one has to be to believe in oneself enough to let the world see your passion. It has to be put out there.

To all the George Lucas's and Tolkien's out there.........be brave and strong and courgeous. I, for one, can't wait to see what you have to offer.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Okay, so I'm looking forward to your new endeavours. You say you don't have it in you but I seem to remember a certain story you once wrote that I haven't yet seen in print! Time to get brave! :)